Find, Feed, Fight
In John 10:1-18 Jesus said that He is The Good Shepherd and tells us the difference between a shepherd and a hired hand. A shepherd loves his sheep and cares for them by laying down his life so THEY can have life. Conversely, a hired hand is simply in it for the money, and when a wolf attacks the sheep he runs away. A hired hand has the responsibilities of a shepherd, but not the conviction to fulfill the job. In Chi Alpha we believe the 3-fold job of a shepherd is to Find, Feed, and Fight for the lambs of God. In this lesson you will hear Chi Alpha’s National Training Director Alex Rodriguez talk not only about this 3-fold job we have, but the “why” behind it! We don’t want to merely be hired hands and quit when things gets hard. Listen how we can be good shepherds like OUR Good Shepherd Jesus and lay down our lives for The Kingdom of God.
To complete this module…
Listen to this teaching and answer the questions here
Complete the Practice activity below
Take a fellow small group member or Chi Alphan with you out on campus to make a new friend and share the Gospel with them. If you can, get their number and pray for them, before you leave.
Here is a simple, five-step arrangement for sharing the Good News with your new friend. Review this and try to share each point in your conversation.
1. God made the world and humanity perfect!
2. Humanity chose (and chooses) selfishness and sin (that's rebellion against God) and introduces death and separation from God into our world.
3. God, out of perfect, unfailing love, pursues humanity throughout history (see the Bible), culminating in the sending of His own Son, God-in-flesh, to reveal the Way, the Truth and the Life.
4. Jesus defeats sin and judgement through his sacrifice upon the Cross and defeats death through his Resurrection for all humanity!
5. Repent and believe the Good News, follow Jesus and join the family and army of the Lord.